Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

You Know you're addicted to Fabric when.......

BEEP...BEEP.....BEEP.... I forced my eyes to open just enough to look at what was making that loud annoying beeping noise this morning.  The green glow from the clock read 4:45am.  Saturday.  Hmmm... temping to turn it off, turn over, and go back to sleep.  But even more tempting...... drum roll please..... a special Only Once A Year Pajama Party Sale at a fabric boutique 45 minutes from my home!

What are the sale rules you ask?  Simple, it's only from 6am-9am, and you must be wearing your pajamas to get the sale price.  So, yes, I did the only thing logical for a fabricaholic!  I got up, washed my face, told my eyes they didn't have a choice in staying open, stopped at my mom's house to pick her up, and off we went in our pajamas!  It had snowed the night before and was still snowing, so the drive took longer than normal to get there, but we made it!  I mean, it's fabric afterall!

Is this sale only for the fabric store?  Actually, no, it's not just the Fabric boutique that is offering this sale but practically the entire town of Shipshewana Indiana!  

Where is Shipshewana?  Shipshewana is located in Northern Indiana in LaGrange County.

What is Shipshewana Indiana like?  This quaint town of Shipshewana is home to a large Amish community and is a great tourist destination.   The town hosts many events throughout the year, including an Ice Festival, Trading Places of America flea market, concerts with well known performers and so many small business shops from both Amish craftsmen and non-Amish crafts/makers!  There is always something to explore in Shipshewana.

Is there any other interesting facts about this quaint town of Shipshewana?  Yes, it was featured in "Best Life's" list of towns that feel like you're in a Hallmark movie!  (I updated this post in 2024 to add this point, because I enjoy Hallmark movies, especially the Christmas movies, and it's so true!  Shipshewana Indiana is a true town that really does look and feel like you're part of a Hallmark movie!)

Back to the Pajama Sale; Tell me more! The Pajama Party Sale is only ONCE a year and it is so much fun!  You don't want to miss it!

It's an adventure!  Many ladies make a whole adventure out of it by getting their friends together for a "Girl's getaway!".  There are a few hotels that people can stay at if they're coming from a distance and just want to turn their "girl's getaway" into a whole weekend event.  

Where would you recommend staying?  I would recommend Farmstead Inn.   I've stayed there multiple times over the years for family events and always enjoyed it.  The rooms are beautiful!  They have a pool area with not only a pool, but also a hot tub and a kiddie pool.  The kiddie pool has a cute white picket fence around it,  which is nice so that you don't have to worry about bigger kids running through and bumping into the bigger kids. 

What should I wear for the Pajama Party?  Ladies wear their warm and comfy pajamas (of course) but some also wear robes, instead of coats, to keep warm while still staying in theme with this event!

Are the sale prices all the same? No.  While most, if not all, stores and restaurants participate, the amounts of the discounts do vary, but as long as you're wearing your pajamas, you get a discount at participating stores and restaurants!     You can check the website for the town of Shipshewana as many retailers post what their sales will be ahead of time so you can plan of where you want to go first.  If I remember correctly, as few of the stores have different house, too.  Some continue the sale a little later than other stores.  So you may want to plan ouy where to go when, so you don't miss any of the discounts!

Was there any specific fabrics you were going for this year?  Yes, this year I was really interested in the Minky Cuddle Fabrics.  They're pretty expensive, so I'm really excited about getting them on sale!

Were you able to get the colors and prints you wanted?  Yes, I got there early, as I didn't want them to be sold out.  I was able to get lots of new colors and prints of  Minky Cuddle Fabric!!!  I'm really excited!  Some of the prints included cute monkeys!

What are you planning on making with this fabric?  My plan is to make cute and colorful hoodies so that the 18 inch dolls can be fashionable while staying warm this winter.

I can hardly wait to start cutting & sewing! The 18" American Girl dolls and their other 18" doll friends will be dressed in style with these wonderfully soft, warm, and fashionable hoodies!  Coming soon (just as soon as I can get them sewn up)!  

And so, even though I'm not a morning person, I found myself getting on early on this cold, snowy, winter February morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment