Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving 2023

 Happy Thanksgiving to all my terrific readers.  

As I write this post, I'm sitting on my couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  (A gingerbread man and woman along with a person in a pie costume just walked by! Such cute and creative costumes!)  It has been a tradition to watch this Parade for as long as I can remember.  Getting up on Thanksgiving and watching the parade with my family, and of course, my brother and I looked forward to seeing Santa at the end of the Parade!  My mom watching some of it with us, and watching some it of from the kitchen as she prepared some food to take with us to grandma and grandpa's house for our big Thanksgiving day meal with all the relatives.   There are so many wonderful memories of Thanksgivings from over the years!  Then growing up and getting married and for awhile spending time with both my side and my husband's side of the family on Thanksgiving Day brought new memories and more to be thankful for.

I hope this day finds you with a thankful heart, whether it's been a great year or a year of difficulties and pain.  For me, this year has seen a lot of pain, with the loss of a deeply loved husband, after a multi-years battle with cancer.  Yet, I am thankful for my family and friends' support through it all.  And most of all, I'm so thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for helping me and guiding me as I struggle to understand the "why's".  And in learning to accept that some "why's" likely won't be answered on this side of Heaven.  As I hang on to God, and His wonderful Word, I know that Romans 8:28 is true: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.", and because of this I can put my trust in God and his unfailing love and be thankful today for His many blessings.

Please join me in prayer today:

Father,

I thank you for this day and for each day that you give us, as it is truly a gift from you!  I ask that you would help each reader to see things to be thankful for today and to rejoice in those blessing from you.  For those that are hurting today as they miss the loss of someone they love, I ask that you give them your peace and comfort and help them to enjoy the good memories and be thankful for those memories. Help them, Lord, that those memories will bring joy and not pain, today and everyday.  Lord, I ask that you would help us to see even the little things you have blessed us with and have a thankful heart for them, today and everyday.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.


Psalms 118: 24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.".  Each day we get to make a choice whether we are going to be thankful or not.  Today, I chose to be thankful, and I hope that you will, too.  Whatever is going on in your life, there are blessings from God.  Dwell on those things and praise God for them. Philippians 4:8-9 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.".

Are you rushing from one Thanksgiving dinner to another today? Or maybe you're hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year and with that comes cooking the Turkey and all the last minute house cleaning.   I know in the moment it may seem busy and sometimes stressful, but take a moment to take a deep breath and look around you.  Enjoy being surrounded by your loved ones!  Remember, when your loved ones look back at their Thanksgiving memories they won't remember if that fireplace was dusted today or not, but they will remember the time they spent with you and everyone else.  Enjoy the day!

Tell me in the comments what you are thankful for today!  I would love to hear and rejoice with you in the blessings God has given you today and throughout the year.  

Did you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade today, too?  If so, what was your favorite part?  Please share that in the comments, too!

Have a great and happy Thanksgiving!

Signed with a thankful heart, 

Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment