Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

From a Doll's prespective ~ Giving a TLC doll new life!

Hi, my name is Kellie!
I am an American Girl Doll!
I want to tell you my story.
I am a TCL doll.  

TLC means "Tender Loving Care".  That means that I had some damage, but with tender loving care, I'm been renewed, so now I'm all better!

My first mommy chose for me to have blond hair and emerald greens eyes.  But, I really don't remember to much about my first mommy, other then she tried to give me a hair cut and she gave me little heart "tattoos" on my leg and wrote my name of the bottom of my foot using markers.

  Then, I was adopted by the mommy I have now!  She is really nice!  She bought me a hairbrush, and tried to clean up my tattooed leg!  I like my hairbrush!  But the tattoo won't come off my leg, so she was going to take me to the American Girl Hospital.  I didn't want the tattoos, but, I also didn't want to go to the hospital, and I started crying.  So, mommy decided I didn't have to go to the hospital, but, she said I could Not have any more tattoos.  That is okay with me!

Now, I am a model!!  It is very fun!  I get to dress up in the clothes mommy sews and she takes pictures of the clothes to sell on ebay and etsy!  Sometimes she makes summer clothes. Sometimes it's winter clothes.  There are so many fun outfits!

  I like it the best when she sews costumes.  They are lots of fun.  I especially like when I get to wear 1950's Poodle Skirts,  pioneer dresses (they look like little house on the prairie!), and princess dresses!  Once she even made a Bumble Bee costume!   I like being a model!!

Beside being a model for 18" doll clothes, I also have to go to school and I spend time hanging out with my friends!

At school, I learn reading, spelling, math, history, and art, to name some of my classes.

  Art is my favorite.  I like to draw and make pretty pictures! I like to use colored pencils when drawing because I can make the color lighter and/or darker with the pencil!  I draw pictures of my family, my friends, and pictures at the beach with blue water and tan sand and green palm trees!

Learning history is also fun.  One day as school we had "pioneer days".  We got to dress up in pioneer clothes.  I dressed up in a long dress that had a matching bonnet!  We got to move around the classroom to different displays that taught us how they used to make things.  Each display had hands-on projects so that we could experience what it was like to so some of the things the pioneers did!  Some parents volunteered to help at the displays, so we could ask questions and get help when needed.

 At one of the displays we learned how pioneers made candles! We each got to make a small candle to take home to our families!

 On another display we learned about farming and planting seeds.  At that display we each were given a paper cup and instructed to put some dirt in it.  Then we made a little hole in the dirt and planted a couple corn seeds.  They explained how much to water it and to keep it by a window to get sunlight so that it would grow.  Then when it gets bigger we can plant it in our backyard (with our parents permission) and the corn stalks will grow bigger and eventually will we have a few ears of corn to eat!

  Yet another display taught us to make bread!   It was all a lot of fun.  They gave up flour and all the other ingredients to make a mini loaf of bread.  We mixed the ingredients and kneaded it and then put it in a little mini loaf pan.  The parent at that display explained that the bread now needed to sit so it could "rise" but when we got home we could ask our parents to bake it in the over for us!

It was a great day!  It was fun to learn more about what it was like to live in the late 1800's and very early 1900's!  

When school is over, I ride the school bus home and  then sometimes I get to help mom with her sewing projects.  She even lets me have fabric so I can try to make my own things.  Not everything I make looks good, yet, but I keep trying. I know I will get better at sewing straight lines!  And eventually I will be able to make fun costumes, too!

Another thing I like to do is play with my friends.  I have friends that live in the neighborhood, so we can walk to each other's house to play.  But we have to let our moms know before we go over, so that they can watch us until we get to each other's houses, and so that they will know which house we are at.  We like to play outside on playground sets or draw on the driveways with colored chalk!  When it's raining outside we like to play UNO inside and watch tv shows and movies, like Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables! 

So, now you know a little bit about me!  I hope you enjoyed learning a little about, me, the model behind the doll clothes!
  



And that's my story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment