Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sales ~ How do some people do it?

Sometimes I do a search on Etsy for items similar to what I'm selling.  I find sellers that have only been on Etsy for a few months that have hundreds of sales, and I wonder... "How do they do it?".   I'm happy that they are selling things, but I want to bring my sales up to.  I imagine it's how they market it.  I see their items listed on the first page of google searches.  But if I understand correctly google lists items according to how many people have clicked on a link in the past.  So, you have to get viewed a LOT before you can get on the first page of google searches.  Right?  And if you're getting that many people to view your items without google, then google can't be the answer to being seen?   So again, I wonder "how do they do it?".  I wish I had answers, but I don't.  It's just what I've been thinking about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment