Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

From a Doll's Prespective


Hi Everyone, it's me Kellie, the American Girl Doll!
 Hi mom's and grandma's, I'm back to tell you what I get to do today!  I hope it gives you ideas for fun things to do with your daughter/granddaughter and her doll/s.

I'm going to bake something!.  Today I got a fun and pretty new apron to wear and now I want to bake something so that I can use the apron!  I debated between baking a cake, or making sugar cookies.  Then again maybe an apple pie would be fun to make!  What do you think I should make?   What would you make with your daughter and her doll?

Well, I have a sweet tooth, so it's got to be something sweet and tasty. :) 

Hmmm..... okay, I think I've decided on the sugar cookies!  They sound really good, and I have my very own new rolling pin to roll the dough out with!  Plus, this way I can have fun decorating them with frosting, which I couldn't do with the apple pie.  Yes, I could decorate a cake, but I'm hungry for cookies!

I will use heart cookie cutters!  I found a set of tiny heart shaped cookie cutters that are great for me: doll sized!!

 Since I'm going to make sugar cookies, that means I will also make buttercream frosting and dye it shades of pink and red (well red is really hard to dye frosting but at least a really dark pink that's almost red!).  

First I'm going to mix the ingredients for the cookie dough and roll it out on the kitchen table.  I took the table cloth off the kitchen table, and washed off the whole table.  Now I'm going to use my rolling pin to roll out the cookie dough.  Then it's time to use the cookie cutters! (Yay!) These tiny cookie cutters come in a few sizes of hearts, so I'm going to make some in each size!  I carefully cut the dough using the heart cutters and then gently peel them off the cutter and place them on the greased cookie sheet, so they will be ready for mom to put in the oven!

We set the timer when we put them in the oven, because we don't want them to burn.  And since they are so small they would burn quickly if we leave them in too long, so we are being very careful not to leave them in longer then necessary.

Next it's time to make the frosting! Yummy!  These sugar cookies are going to have buttercream frosting.  I measure out and stir together the ingredients.  After it's stirred up well, I divide the frosting into multiple bowls and then I add different colors of food coloring to each bowl.  It's fun to stir the frosting with the food coloring in it and watch the white frosting turn into swirls of color and white.  Then as I continue to stir the frosting it all changes into the color I wanted it to be!  It's so much fun to do this! 

Now to decorate the sugar cookies!  With some of them I'm going to carefully spread frosting on them with a knife and then put sprinkles on them.  But on some of them I'm going to put the frosting on frosting bags with decorating tip on the end to make fun star prints and designs on the cookies.  Mom helps me learn how to hold the bag correctly so that the frosting doesn't come out of the top.  With my mom's help they come out looking really pretty!  We used a few different frosting tips so that they would make different designs on the cookies.

The cookies all came out looking so pretty, and they were really good to eat!  We shared them with the rest of the family and everyone liked them!  Mom put some in a container so we could enjoy them for the next few days!  (But I don't know if they will last that long!)

As I make the cookies, I'm going to pretend that I'm back in the 1930's and cooking with Kit, because my apron is a retro 1930's style.  It covers the whole front of me, so I don't get flour and eggs, or frosting on my clothes.  The fabric has pretty butterflies on it, and the bottom is flared and a pretty pink!

Hi mom's and grandma's, as you teach your daughter/granddaughter to cook and bake, you can add to the fun with matching girl and doll aprons!  Yes, that's right, there is also a child's apron that matches the doll apron.  They can be purchased in Tracy's eBay store!  Within the store, go to the "Matching girl & Doll category to see all the matching outfits/items currently available!

Create heartfelt memories with your child/grandchild that they will cherish throughout their lifetime!  Sure, at the moment they won't realize they are creating lifetime memories, but in reality that's what is happening!  Have so so much fun baking and cooking together!


No comments:

Post a Comment